With the fast-growing tech industries in the US, it is no wonder that there are plenty of software companies you can find there.
You can check the page on TechReviewer for the list of software development companies in the US. However, with plenty of software companies to choose from, you might have some difficulties in finding the one suitable for your startup business. This guide helps you to solve this problem.
Here’s how to choose a software company in USA:
1. Check Their Company’s Profile
Checking the company’s profile is the first step you will need to do. The reason is that there are many companies that tell their clients that they are a US company, but in reality, they are just an offshore company trying to dupe their clients somehow.
So, it’s best for you to check their company’s profile before proceeding to contact them or asking about their services.
Here are some things you can do:
- Check their LinkedIn and other social media pages to see if they are a legitimate US company.
- Check if they have any established office in the US, and if possible, you need to know their office location and verify it on Google Maps.
- You can also check their official website to see what they are offering to their clients, as you will get a lot of useful information about the company from their official website.
- It’s important to know about how you can reach them, so you need to see the options for you to reach them, such as via phone calls, emails, chats, and others.
- Also, it’s important for you to know about the background of the company, so you can check how other clients and websites talk about this company, which can help you establish the big picture about it.
Remember, before you even contact the software company in the US, you need to check their company’s profile first to ensure that they are a legitimate US company. It will also give you assurance about their service quality later.
2. Employees vs. Outsourcing
It is common for a US company to outsource their business operations to the outsourcing partners, independent contractors, remote workers, and freelancers.
You need to know if the software company you want to get partnered with is outsourcing their business operations. You also need to know if most of the software development work gets handled by the company’s employees or outsource workers.
Here are some reasons you need to do this:
- Getting your software development work handled by the company’s employees or in-house workers will give you better advantages than when the work gets handled by the outsource workers.
- It might not be bad for your business if the software development work gets handled by the outsource workers, but if that is the case, it would be better for you to just hire the outsource workers yourself.
- You might need to pay more for your software development work when it gets handled by the company’s employees, but you can be sure that you will get full support from them when you experience some problems with it.
- Choosing the software company in the US with the in-house workers will also ensure that your software development work will get handled in the best way possible, with proven quality for the software.
- Many outsource workers will deliver slower progress for your software development, unless they come from a dedicated outsourcing company with a trustworthy reputation.
It’s best for you to work with the US software company that has their own workforce to handle your software development tasks, as you can ensure the best results from it.
3. Know Their Development Methodology
One important thing you need to keep in mind when choosing a software company in the US is to know about their development methodology.
Knowing about their development methodology will help you assess the quality of their work, as you can also match it with how your startup business operates. Also, certain development methodologies are better than the others, so be sure to check which software development methodology they use.
Here are some tips to follow:
- Pick the software development methodology you expect the software company to use.
- The software development methodology might differ in each project, so you need to know what your software company can do.
- It’s also important for you to look at the timeframe of your project, so you can suggest the best software development methodology for your software company in the US.
- Let your software company describe which methodology they will use to approach your project and how it can benefit your startup business.
- It’s also important for your startup business to stick with one software development methodology for each project for the best results.
Remember, you need to match the software development methodology to your startup business operations, so it can deliver the best results for your business.
These are some tips you can follow to choose a software company in the US. There are plenty of high-quality software companies you can find in the US, so by picking the one suitable for your startup business, you can get plenty of benefits from your partnership with them.